Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Limping Along

Several weeks ago, I injured my ankle and have been nursing it back with limited success.  The injury is severe enough that I've been wearing a gray plastic rigid brace for the past several weeks.  I decided to include that in this note because wearing a brace and presenting a pulled-together confident look can present a challenge.  Yesterday, after days of wearing one single pair of black flats built for comfort not style I couldn't take it any longer.  I substituted a more flexible black elastic brace and slid my feet into a sandal with a bit of a heel. 

I need to confess that it was a bad choice.  My ankle didn't feel good throughout the day and neither did I.  Needless to say, as a result, while I intended to be a bit more stylish and confident I achieved the opposite. I was uncomfortable in my clothes all day long.

Today, I'm back to less stylish flats and the rigid brace, and I feel better already.  Lesson learned.  Style extends to grace and confidence even when a body part it encased in rigid gray plastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment