Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Abandon the Rainbow

If the colors in your closet reflect one of everything, snagging the "pot o' gold" known as personal style may escape you. None of us look good in every color in the rainbow. For maximum wardrobe power and style, build your wardrobe around neutrals and two core colors.

For example, the two color that compliment my skin tones and coloring are pink and royal blue. They are my core colors and my wardrobe is built around black, white, cream, and pink to blue-based red to blue-based purples to royal blue to teal to turquoise. Virtually every piece mixes and matches with everything else.

Allow yourself one other "odd" color.  Mine is olive.  It goes with cream and can mix with some of the reds and purples when I'm in a quirky mood.   I just try to keep it away from my face - it doesn't reflect well with my skin tone.

For those other colors that don't love you - the "no-nos" - incorporate them into your inventory of accessories. My favorite "no-no" is a screaming yellow handbag.  It pops againt my blues when I'm feeling extra daring and jaunty but want to stay true to my personal style.

No comments:

Post a Comment